How do you inquire about a lawyer?
You can also find a certified lawyer referral service by:
- Going to LawhelpCalifornia.org to find more information on a State Bar-certified lawyer referral service;
- Calling the State Bar’s Lawyer Referral Services Directory at 1-866-442-2529 (toll free in California) or 1-415-538-2250 (from outside California); or.
Can I ask a lawyer a question for free?
If you need help over the phone start by calling the free legal help line, LawAccess NSW, on 1300 888 529 (cost of a local call from within NSW). … They can provide you with information about your legal problem that might answer your question.
How much does it cost to ask a lawyer?
As with ‘fixed fees’, ask if there are any other costs that won’t be covered in the hourly rate. Top Tip: Don’t just ask how much the hourly rate is. Ask for an estimate of how many hours it will take and what’s included. Also ask what might cause it to change and see how likely this is.
What questions should I ask my lawyer?
In Order to Move Forward With Any Lawyer, First Ask These Ten Questions
- How Long Have You Practiced Law? …
- What Types of Cases Do You Manage? …
- Who’s Your Typical Client? …
- How Many Similar Cases Have You Taken On? …
- What Kind of Special Training or Knowledge You Have Outside Your Law Degree? …
- What Are Your Fees and Costs?
Do lawyers want money up front?
As a matter of internal policy, a lawyer may request a retainer fee before agreeing to accept your case or complete any work on it. However, you do not have to pay such a fee if you are not comfortable with the idea.
Do defense lawyers get paid if they lose?
If you win the case, the lawyer’s fee comes out of the money awarded to you. If you lose, neither you nor the lawyer will get any money, but you will not be required to pay your attorney for the work done on the case.
What are examples of legal questions?
Example of a question of law (up to the judge or judiciary to decide): If a man shot at another man (who was in his backyard and had raped his wife earlier that evening), but hit a neighbor child and killed her when his bullet did not find its true…