How much does a law degree cost in NZ?
New Zealand residents who enroll in a law degree pay $5,798 for a year of study. Because government subsidies may not be available for international students, these fees may increase for those studying from another country. To get the most current fee schedule, students should contact the university of their choice.
How much is a lawyer paid in New Zealand?
The median (average) salary for a Lawyer in New Zealand is NZ$115,848 per year (NZ$55.70 per hour), which is 110% higher than the national median (average) salary. Lawyer salary range: NZ$41,212 to NZ$200,000 (excluding bonuses and benefits).
How do I become a lawyer in New Zealand?
Requirements to practice law in New Zealand
- Complete a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) approved by the New Zealand Council of Legal Education (NZCLE). …
- Complete the Professional Legal Studies Course at either the Institute of Professional Legal Studies or College of Law. …
- Obtain a certificate of completion from the NZCLE.
What is the highest paid job in NZ?
The highest-paying job in New Zealand is that of CEO or Managing Director. They earn, on the low end, around NZ$120,000 per year and, on average, around NZ$560,000 per year.
What Is the #1 Highest-Paid Position in New Zealand?
|Position||Average Annual Salary|
Can I become a lawyer at 40?
It’s never too late in life to apply to law school. Although most applicants are under 25, roughly 20% are 30 or older, according to the Law School Admission Council. Many older law graduates build fulfilling second careers that draw upon both preexisting skills and experiences and those that law school provides.
Is becoming a lawyer still worth it?
The verdict is in
Becoming a lawyer definitely isn’t for everyone. If you decide that the risks don’t outweigh the rewards, you don’t necessarily have to give up your dream of working in the legal field. There are plenty of other career options that may better suit your skills and interests.
What is the easiest law degree?
12 Easiest Law Schools to Get Into
- Appalachian School of Law, Virginia. …
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon. …
- Concordia University School of Law, Idaho. …
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Rhode Island. …
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago. …
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego.
Do you have to be smart to be a lawyer?
To become an attorney, you need an extensive and intensive education. There are self taught lawyers who have passed the bar exam, but the majority did it the traditional way through schools. … So the answer is yes, you do need to be smart to be a lawyer. Sometimes in entertainment, lawyers can be portrayed as scummy.
What kind of lawyer earns the most money?
Highest-Paid Specialties for Lawyers
- Medical Lawyers. Medical lawyers make one of the highest median wages in the legal field. …
- Intellectual Property Attorneys. IP attorneys specialize in patents, trademarks, and copyrights. …
- Trial Attorneys. …
- Tax Attorneys. …
- Corporate Lawyers.
What is the highest paid lawyer?
Highest paid lawyers: salary by practice area
- Patent attorney: $180,000.
- Intellectual property (IP) attorney: $162,000.
- Trial attorneys: $134,000.
- Tax attorney (tax law): $122,000.
- Corporate lawyer: $115,000.
- Employment lawyer: $87,000.
- Real Estate attorney: $86,000.
- Divorce attorney: $84,000.