Social listening allows you to track and get in touch with your customers, identify influencers and key advocates in your industry while giving you the chance to expose your brand better and also gain valuable insights about them and the way they perceive you in comparison to your competitors.
Social listening helps you develop relationships with potential customers in your industry who you can nurture into relationships for social selling. Reach out, make a connection, and share helpful information. This will help establish your brand as the best resource when it comes time to make a purchase decision.
Here are 4 additional ways social listening can benefit your business:
- Get an Edge on Your Competition. You can set up keyword tracking to monitor all mentions that relate to your products and services. …
- Identify Influencers and Brand Advocates. …
- Find Your Tribe. …
- Improve Customer Service.
4. Generate leads by following recommendation posts in your industry. With social listening, you can engage with your audience. Barysevichadds, “You can use social listening, competitor, and hashtag research to find accounts related to your niche and engage them in the comments.
In other words, these algorithms sort users’ feeds based on relevancy instead of publish time. But one rule you can always rely on: These algorithms favor engagement. So we recommend dedicating at least 30 minutes a day to engaging in social media monitoring.
The share of voice metric allows you to compare your own brand’s share of the total industry-related social media messages to those of your competitors. By measuring your share of voice in relation to others’, you’ll be able to gauge how prominent your brand-awareness campaigns may seem to potential customers.
Social listening allows you to monitor keywords and mentions, understand more about your target audience and industry, discover potential leads, engage with your audience to see what they are talking about, identify top influencers and potential brand ambassadors in your industry, and content research to see what is …
Social Listening is the process of understanding the online conversation about a company or brand, as well as its products and services. … Social listening allows you to understand what your customers are talking about, what they think, how they feel and what they need from your business.
1. Social Media Strategy. … Focused listening will tell you which social networks your audience is most actively using and help you to analyze sentiment about your brands, products, competitors, or industry. By using social listening to determine your social media strategy, your company will save both time and money.
Most social listening tools work by scraping social media sites like Twitter and Reddit for mentions of your brand and/or keywords, and then importing these tweets or posts into a dashboard for you with various filtering options at your disposal.