What is the highest paid type of lawyer?
Highest paid lawyers: salary by practice area
- Patent attorney: $180,000.
- Intellectual property (IP) attorney: $162,000.
- Trial attorneys: $134,000.
- Tax attorney (tax law): $122,000.
- Corporate lawyer: $115,000.
- Employment lawyer: $87,000.
- Real Estate attorney: $86,000.
- Divorce attorney: $84,000.
Do lawyers actually make good money?
The average lawyer makes $145,300, but earnings can vary greatly if you’re in the public or private sector. Lawyers make an average of $145,300 annually, according to the most recent data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
What field of law is most in demand?
Highest Client Growth Rates by Practice Area
- Family Law: +2450% (YoY) (Top growth area: Alimony) …
- Consumer Law: +2295% (YoY) …
- Insurance: +2190% (YoY) …
- Criminal Law: +1680% (YoY) …
- Civil Rights: +1160% (YoY) …
- Personal Injury: +660% (YoY) …
- Estate Planning: +330% (YoY) …
- Bankruptcy: +280% (YoY)
Is a law career worth it?
According to a Gallup poll of over 4,000 adults who obtained a law degree between 2000 and 2015, only 23% said obtaining a law degree was worth the cost. 1 With the average law school debt coming in around $145,500, according to the most recent data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Do lawyers make more than doctors?
Lawyers in law firms tend to earn more than those who work alone. … For example, family-practice physicians had median salaries of $230,456, while the top 10 percent of lawyers earned more than $208,000.
What is the lowest salary for a lawyer?
How Much Does a Lawyer Make? Lawyers made a median salary of $122,960 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $186,350 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $80,950.
How difficult is law school?
You need to put in the necessary work throughout the program if you want to succeed. In summary, law school is hard. Harder than regular college or universities, in terms of stress, workload, and required commitment. But about 40,000 people graduate from law schools every year–so it is clearly attainable.